NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SUBMISSION OF PHOTO WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are residing in the United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Puerto Rico) and are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of submission of an entry. Employees, officers and directors of GreenPlug, its affiliates, distributors, advertisers, promotion and marketing agencies, their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent) and those living in their same household are NOT eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. How to Enter. The sweepstakes starts 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on April 2, 2008, and ends at 4:59 p.m. Pacific Time on May 1, 2008 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Only one entry per email address is permitted.
To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period send an email with your name, mailing address (including street address, city, state and zip code) to GPsweepstakes@gmail.com and attach a digital photograph of what’s under your desk to the email message. Digital photographs must be in .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif format and no larger than 500 kilobytes (500 KB) in size. The photograph you submit must be an original photograph for which you own all of the copyright interests and that is not subject to any license of any kind. Photographs may not include images of identifiable people or trademarks of any third party. GreenPlug reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these rules, that is believed to infringe on any third party’s intellectual property rights, or that GreenPlug deems obscene, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
In the alternative, you may enter during the Sweepstakes by sending a 3x5 card handprinted with your name, complete street address, phone number and e-mail address to : Green Plug, Inc. 2694 Bishop Dr., Suite 209, San Ramon, CA 94583. All mail in entries must be postmarked from a location in the United States by April 25, 2008, and received byApril 30, 2008. No photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted.
Email entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and that account holder must meet all other eligibility requirements. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the submitted email address at the time the entry was made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to provide GreenPlug with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
Entrants must send entries to the correct entry email address or street address. GreenPlug is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete, illegible, corrupted or incorrect entries, or emails or mail entries that are sent but not received by GreenPlug for any reason. GreenPlug is not obligated to confirm receipt of entries. GreenPlug is not responsible and shall not be liable for untimely, lost, or damaged entries. All entries become the property of GreenPlug and none will be returned. Photos or information submitted by you shall be the property of GreenPlug, and GreenPlug shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any photos or information so submitted.
3. Submission and GreenPlug’s Use of Photo. By submitting any photo or information to GreenPlug, you are granting to GreenPlug and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to GreenPlug includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo, including the right to post the photo on GreenPlug’s web site at GreenPlug’s sole discretion.
By submitting any photo or information to GreenPlug, you represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to GreenPlug herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
You acknowledge and agree that GreenPlug shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to GreenPlug.
You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to GreenPlug may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to GreenPlug. By submitting any photo or information to GreenPlug, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by you to GreenPlug.
4. Release. You hereby agree to hold GreenPlug and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any GreenPlug site, or any other use authorized under these Official Rules, of any photo or information submitted to GreenPlug by you.
5. How Will Winners Be Selected and What are the Prizes? On or after April 21, 2008, GreenPlug will randomly select winners from all eligible entries for the following prizes:
(1) First Prize is lunch at a restaurant in Beverly Hills, selected in GreenPlug’s sole discretion, with Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry, co-hosts of the VH-1 reality show, “My Fair Brady.” Lunch will be sometime between May 15, 2008, and December 31, 2008, on a date selected solely at GreenPlug’s discretion but GreenPlug shall provide winner at least 3 months advance notice of the date and restaurant. Winner is solely responsible for transportation to and from the restaurant.
(2) Second Prize is a $500 gift certificate to Wal-Mart.
(3) Third Prize is a charitable donation made by GreenPlug in the amount of $250 to the third prize winner’s favorite green organization that is a qualified 501(c)(3) not for profit organization located in the United States.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning are not affected by means of entry used by the entrant, by whether a photo is submitted, or by whether entrant joins or consumer petition or has ever purchased a GreenPlug product.
6. When Will Winners Be Notified? The three winners will be notified by email (using email address of the email or mailed entry) within seventy-two (72) hours after he or she is selected as a winner. GreenPlug’s inability to reach a winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, a winner’s failure to timely respond to prize notification, and/or a winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may result in that winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and the selection of a substitute winner.
7. Requirements to Claim Prizes / Awarding Prizes. Claiming of prizes requires an email response to GreenPlug from the winning sender email address within 30 days of being notified of winning at the email address used to enter or provided on the mailed entry card. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. GreenPlug is not required to award any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).
Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date on which GreenPlug sends the release document via email. Winners are required to provide legal picture identification within 30 days of notification of winning, and Third Prize winner also shall identify his or her qualifying green charity within 30 days of notification of winner. A winner will forfeit any prize if verification cannot or has not been made within 30 days. Upon proper verification, Second Prize will be mailed to the Second Prize the winner’s email address or street address provided on winner’s entry email or card, and GreenPlug will make the qualifying charitable contribution.
Each prize winner must supply GreenPlug with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers.
No prize substitutions. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred.
GreenPlug shall not be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of a prize, anything purchased with the Second Price gift certificate, or arising out of the First Prize lunch or travel to or from the lunch.
If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, GreenPlug may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
8. How Will GreenPlug Use Information I Submit? Information collected from an entrant will be used only for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify potential winners and winners, and may be retained as required by law, but will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner by GreenPlug.
9. What Other Terms Apply? Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed by winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each contestant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, likeness, city and state of residence and biographical information in any media, including without limitation the Internet, for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of GreenPlug. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GreenPlug. GreenPlug reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by GreenPlug. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, GreenPlug reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor and Change of Rules. The GreenPlug “What’s Under Your Desk” Photo Sweepstakes is sponsored by GreenPlug. The decisions of GreenPlug regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. GreenPlug is not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. GreenPlug reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules at any time.
11. Winners List. To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope for receipt no later than June 30, 2008, to Green Plug, Inc. 2694 Bishop Dr., Suite 209 San Ramon, CA 94583 , to “What’s Under Your Desk” Sweepstakes.
12. Choice of Law. This sweepstakes is governed by the law of California. In the event of a dispute that is not resolved informally, entrants agree to jurisdiction in a court of competent jurisdiction in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California.